-->

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wedding & Honeymoon

written: New Jersey & Hawaii: Sept '05

Dreams do come true, with all the effort and sleepless nights we made, our wish to get married in a Catholic Ceremony was fulfilled by the help also with Joe's family, relatives and friends . It's not easy to get married here in the US. More than what I can imagine marrying in PI. We had many papers and documents to acquire and by God's grace everything that the church needed we had arranged to do it. The Priest who even conducted our ceremony was amazed that we did able to secure they need in just two months after I arrived from Cebu, considering the locations that we live in California and the wedding was at the south of New Jersey. From the west to the east coast, I believe God was at our side. We were blessed at Sts. Peter & Paul church with my two high school classmates who were there to support me and Joe's families, relatives, and friends. We had our reception at The Mansion in Mainstreet, Voorhes New Jersey 30 minutes away from the church. Guests were anxious to eat from the travel and we didnt fail them. We had the cocktail hour at the Crystal room. Joe and I missed our pictorial at the Mansions grounds because we chose to spend it with the guests. After 1hr and a half proceeded the main program, food served individually from soup to main course up to the desserts. There were so many left overs but no doggy bag. We had wished to have a room to eat or bags to carry. Everybody was happy with the food and we as the bride and groom hearing them satisfied of the choices and selections we made were very grateful for their responses. Though nights were odd previously but knowing that the hard work you gave was paid for by the happy guests, everything fall to a very good feeling.

Our first night as a couple, Joe made a surprise to check in at an Egyptian Suite accomodation at Clarion Hotel in Philadelphia. I'd never seen anything like it. Staying there was like we were in Egypt. It was one of the best surprise that my hubby did for me, an evening night full of memories to cherish. The wedding didnt only made my day, the day after we were at PA airport, my hubby's surprise was screwed by the check in personnel. I then knew our trip was to go to Maui and Oahu, Hawaii after. I didnt know where we will stay and once again I gave my hubby a credit for chosing two of the top resort Hyatt Regency Resort Spa and Hilton's Hawaiian Village.

Maui:

Oahu:


No comments: