-->

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mexico Part 2

written: Sept 11, 2006



Two months before, my hubby asked me what could be our plans to spend for our anniversary. I suggested that it’s better that he will do the choice instead of me to decide on it. He has more experience in many places and I am confident that his choice is better than mine. Base to our past travels as well as with his experience for all the trips that he’d arranged, his really good at it. He wanted me to take part of it but I preferred it as a surprise. So he worked days on booking and making reservations trying to hide it from me. Until days before from our departure, he asked me if I would want to know where. So I was tempted and surprise that the original plan of surprise was ignored. He let me sat down with him at the couch open his laptop and browse the hotel websites. He showed me two different locations, one at Playa del Carmen and one in Cancun. Both hotels were really nice and so it increased my excitement.


We arrived at the airport past 10pm and cleared at immigration after an hour. We rode the van we booked from Entertainment Plus, droved us 30minutes to Playa del Carmen. We hoped we could have seen the places that passed us by at daylight but the deplane and delays had caused that and there’s nothing we can do but to complaint at the airline. We safely reached Royal Porto Real and checked in. Though drained and sleepy, we wandered the place. It has a huge ground, eye-catching swimming pool, medieval buildings and beautiful beach. Nearby is 5th avenue, a place for good shopping. We missed to see it at day 1 but did able to visit the day after. By morning the place is quite and solemn but at night it will be alive with mariachi music, people smoke Cuban cigar, other shops with free tequila drinks and you cant avoid the persuading travel tour agents. If you’re a shopping freak for silver and souvenirs, definitely it’s a cool place to buy lots of jewelries and handy crafts.


Staying at Playa del Carmen for 1 and half day didn’t maximize our time. We had breakfast twice at Spice Restaurant and one dinner at IL Pescatore. I loved the service at the Italian restaurant and I had 2 mango margaritas there. It was a lovely drink with a very accommodating waiter. There are other more restaurants affiliated by our hotel but we never get the chance to explore the others and taste different cuisine. In our mind if only we had no problem at Dallas Texas we could arrive earlier and it could have been better. We did our best to spend our time there before we could drive to Cancun. We had fun at the beach mesmerizing the calm, turquoise crystal water and fined white sand. We enjoyed the few times we had there from swimming, shopping, good drinks and a massage. We are thinking ahead that someday we would like to go back there again.



No comments: