-->

Friday, April 4, 2008

My Bestfriend

I’ve known her for 2 decades or more probably. We’ve grown up together in the same neighborhood and we had common friends. When we were younger, we we’re not attached for she went into a school different from where I was studying. The only common thing we had back then were the friends we had in the neighborhood. Her brothers and my brothers were good pals too. Oftentimes, we saw each other but we never really got into deeper friendship. We will just be saying hi and hello and other than that, it was nothing.


When we became teenager and younger adults, our path crossed at our town fiesta and at some occasional parties of common friends. Until one time, I made some connection more with her family when I got to know one of her brothers beyond friendship. Though it didn’t work out, I respected her family so much.


We get to know ourselves more deeply, when she was attached to my brother. It was a good thing and a blessing at the same time. With the start of that, our friendship blossomed. We grow fond with each other until this very day. I might have lived far from her today, with the help of messenger over yahoo chat and other friendly website our communication goes on. I recently went home and I was so glad to see her once again. Seeing her makes the loneliness gone but right now since I am here in the US and just chatting with her online, I miss her more. Someday, in God’s will, if I can retire soon we will hang out more often.


Here is the current picture I have with her. When I miss her, I take a look at this picture and put some loneliness away.





No comments: