-->

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Christmas Spirit

written: Dec 21, 2007

With jobs that is too overwhelming and pretty stressful, hubby texted me past 11am yesterday before lunch and told me he was looking for Christmas spirit. This year wasn't a year for him due to the fact there are a lot of things that we did personally and most goes with investments concerns. Not yet done with that until now and we are hoping next year will be a better year.

As soon as he gets home, he told me to dressed up and invited me to do something different. He asked me first whether I would like to get some hot chocolate and I had liked the idea. We got it from Starbucks which was 3 blocks away from where we lived or distance of 2 light intersections. It wasn't so crowded and just a few minutes we enjoyed savoring it and made us a little warm.

As far as searching for Christmas cheer, while enjoying our hot chocolate inside the car and driving. We passed nearby neighborhood and looked at some decorations of several houses where homeowners were laid out there decors at their front lawn and roofs/gutters with series lights with different colors and designs. Many are using inflated characters of Christmas such as Frosty the snowman, reindeer, Santa Clause, bears, and a lot more. Hubby was glad it uplifts his spirit.

Mostly toured the nearest streets, with a stomach empty we decide to stop and come back another time to look for another area. We stopped by at Chicago for pizza. The usual order half and half, hawaiian pineapple and sausage and mushrooms. I paid the bill using the money I had received from my company the other day and it was so nice to be able to take care of that.

Today, with me mostly doing all the calls and paperwork at the job. I got a little stressed and my boss told me he really appreciated my hardwork. 10 minutes before I had stamped my time card using ADP while I was writing the route schedule we had in our white bulletin. My boss gave me a white card. He said it is for me and I should not forget it. I took it with me when was done writing the updates and log off from work. I extended my boss and the director with a greeting for Merry Christmas and they both gave me warmth of a hug. I felt so touched. I walked away and looked for my car outside and gave sometime for my car to heat up, I opened the card. My boss' message was touching. He even put a $50 bill. He noted that "Dont stress!" phrase I usually told him everytime he got frustrated and a simple gift like that letting me know how genuinely he appreciates me. I reflected that with a smile and drove home.

No comments: