-->

Monday, April 7, 2008

Four Day Weekend

written: July 06


June 30 - Today was the start of a 4-day weekend. My day was awarded early with good news by passing the written exam at DMV. As for a celebration after my hubby came from work, he showed me with a movie ticket and rushed to dined out to catch the movie “Superman”. The movie was great. There was a surprise at the end of it. Superman has a son. I think there will be a follow up movie and I will not going to miss it. I love superheroes!


July 1 – I begin my day of having my driving skills to use and to my surprise I didn’t handle much of the driving anymore. In time of my hubby was teaching me, I gave him a shock by almost hit another car. It was embarrassing but still thankful there was no accident. After 30 mins of learning to drive in a parking lot and satisfying my partner for the first day of driving, we switched seats and headed to Sausalito. It was a little windy and chilling over there. The weather wasn’t so bad to walk. Stayed there for window shop. Souvenir shops were quite over price intended for European tourist. I didn’t find what I was looking for instead I just grab an ice cream to please myself then after went home.


July 2 - We tried to call some friends to have some get together at Santa Cruz but the invited couple has some other things to attend to so we droved by ourselves to the site. It was a long journey of traffic at the curves of the hill. Before getting to the wharf, we passed by a restaurant to have lunch. It didn’t take us long to finish satisfying our appetite, we moved ahead to the wharf parking area to look for a spot. It was in time that we find a right place not too long to walk to the beach and to the boardwalk. Kind of a busy crowded day but I had a great time at the beach just trying to relax. We had a little walk on the boardwalk, didn’t stay long nor had the urge to ride on the spectacular rides. It wasn’t as bad as you might think because just by walking and to feel the crowds noise and loud screams of people at the background was already a moment to enjoy.


July 4 – Just a day of shopping and I am pleased of it but wonder if I can wear what I bought. Summer is here indeed but it’s a little bit chilly. Much more when we went to San Francisco to watched for the Fireworks. I had layered clothes again, its odd to feel it in summertime. Anyway, I had a marvelous time to dined there and witnessed the fireworks. Too bad we didn’t make it to Aquatic Park where our planned was at first, but most restaurants could take you long to wait so we had a late dinner but the good thing was we didn’t miss the whole show. I enjoyed my chilly night spending Independence Day there.


Here's the clip of the fireworks:


No comments: