-->

Monday, June 9, 2008

Tarsier

I visited Bohol several times when I was still in the Philippines. The picturesque beauty of the surrounding had captivated my love for nature. It is so nice to enjoy the moment when looking at the view that’s enchanting. One of the reason Bohol is a tourist destination place. It is the world known for it’s white powdery, turquoise water in Panglao, chocolate hills in Carmen, “Sandugo” in Baclayon and the last but not the least famous for the smallest monkey in the world Tarsier. This tiny little animal is like a size of your palm. It has big round eyes.

I happen to see one of its kind year 2004 with my parents and Joey when we toured Bohol. They live in a small tree just like a clay pot tree you could display at your house. The tree stands 2 feet to 5 feet tall having few leaves and branches. Their kind is going to get extinct so the government is helping their habitat to be safe as possible.

Up close with the animal, it so cute I would like to pet them at home. I know it isn't a good idea to take them from the environment they live. It is just wishing that I could have such a cute pet.

No comments: