-->

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Death Tolls

I am reading now at yahoo's current events on how China's quake devastated a lot of families in the province of Sichuan. It reached to 68,977 deaths and probably more with the missing people that's not counted. It is very overwhelming scenario for the families that lost their loved ones and their homes. Areas of their livelihood could be affected too. If that quake could happen in the Philippines, I wonder how could the government support the people when majority lives under poverty. There is not much funds to help the needy. Whereas with China, it's one of the giant country that doing very well with their economy.

I am thinking on how will these affected families changed their lives with the current situation they have. Everything might be lost in their position. How will they strive to meet up their new life? I know it is not my business to mind their own, but I just give sympathy to people. What if it could happen to us? How are we going to survive?

No comments: