-->

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rock Formation - Aruba

Aruba is a very small country. The island is small and you can basically tour the city in a day. That's how small it is. Maybe it's like Singapore in size or smaller. Though I haven't been to Singapore yet. Anyway, out of our curiosity and looking at the tourist guide book. Hubby and I decided to find this place. We were lost the first time but eager enough to find it the effort was paid off.

This is in the middle of the island. The big rocks where formed by the original inhabitants as the historian did say. They built this place for relaxation maybe and to hear the incoming thunder? But I haven't got to the history of this place yet. I will dig in to it later when I can finish with my readings as well. Anyway, I just want to tell here the experience when I went.

We arrived at the place saw this scattered big stone and at one area the stones were piled up. When you walked through it, you can by pass small entry way where stone are put together side by side. No big people can fit in if you are more than 400lbs. It's a bit slippery too due to the moisture built in. On top is flat. Circular in shape and there's a little boundary on the side of the edges. But the trade winds in this place is overpowering. It's scary for me to go up there where I felt like I could be pushed along the wind and fell on the ground. I was trembling and my hair was all over the place. The winds was just so powerful. But getting there is magnificent. You can see the view of the island. The volcano is vividly on the spot too where inland you can't really see it.

No comments: