-->

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Sick Brother

My brother is a stroke victim. It devastated our family since there’s no way for us telling at his young age he could experience such a struggle. He did survive with the stroke but the effect has caused him half of his body paralyzed, not able to talk, eat through a tube and only small movements of the hands. We somehow appreciate that at least his able to communicate through us by writing through a pad and using a pen. It’s heartbreaking of what has happened to him.

The first time I saw him was he was in the hospital. My other brother Lawrence used his netbook. He got the permission from the doctor and I was able to see my sick brother through a webcam. I saw people wore medical scrubs and uniform, and nurses with their nursing scrub tops. I appreciate the medical team from that local hospital who took good care of my brother. His already home now and I saw him once again through a netbook. The difference of my conversation with him was he can scribble thoughts through a pad but still it’s so heartbreaking to see him struggle to move with all his might. I also did observe that my family was not wearing scrub medical uniforms in the room. I will check to blue sky scrub for their selections and will buy some for my family. It’s good if they could wear one to help from germs spreading it to my brother.

No comments: