-->

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Visit Foster's Bighorn for a heady dining experience in Rio Vista

Guest post written by mommy blogger Alex Fosterson

I live in a quaint little town called Rio Vista, Ca. I am a single parent on a tight budget, and I do not go out for meals often. Last night, however, was one of those rare occasions.

Faced with the prospect of leftover meatloaf, my children revolted. They are normally very gracious, but they had clearly had it with my meatloaf and desperately wanted a break from my cooking. To tell the truth, so did I. They begged and pleaded for me to take them to a restaurant for a change.

It took very little convincing for me to abandon my kitchen and enjoy the short walk to a local restaurant. I was just too hungry to resist splurging.

We threw on our coats, set the home security video surveillance and headed towards Main Street. Along the way, the three of us came to a consensus on which restaurant to try. Foster's Big Horn it was.

Foster's Big Horn is a Rio Vista standout because it features an astonishing collection of big game animal heads and quite a few whole bodies. Nearly all of the available wall space is utilized in a taxidermy showcase the likes of which I have never seen elsewhere. It's an amazing spectacle. There is even an elephant's foot that serves as a trash can.

Decor aside, the food and service where terrific. Foster's has kid's meals with shrimp or ribs for around five dollars. That's a value that beats meatloaf.

No comments: