-->

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flood in Metro Cebu

I read a post wall message from my cousin about the flooding in Cebu. She asked her sibling what's the status of the island and I was kind of hysterical too. I didn't know about what's happening in Cebu since I have not talked to my family. So I responded to the message but got no replies. Probably people in Cebu were too busy responding what is happening in the surrounding area.

Just now, I read the news. The heavy rains that lasted for 90 minutes had overflowed a creek. With the narrow streets and houses too near with each other damages are too evident it could spread everywhere. It's just so bad that it happened though but it's an eye opener for people and the local government to watch this kind of incident. I hope they could establish a law for putting up properties near the creek and implement a good structure for the river to flow.

You can read the news from here: Floods hit Metro Cebu

No comments: